Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Children


I have recently watched a movie called "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas".  It is a very sad movie.  But it made me think.  To the young boy who's father was a Nazi soldier the boy in the "striped pajamas" was just another boy, Bruno, the Nazi's son, was not aware of what the war was really about.  And his innocence is evident in the film.  The parents shielded their children from the evil that was hidden behind fences.  For their safety, yes, but I also believe it was because of guilt, because the parents knew it was wrong and evil.  If only his parents could have seen through Bruno's eyes, they may have been able to save him and themselves from utter grief....but instead the boy, who's heart was filled with kindness, love and mercy, died with the jews trying to help the boy in the striped pajamas.       

It made me think about the world that our children are growing up in today.  It is scary.  I desire for my children to make the right choices, as does every parent.  There is so much evil in the world, and I want to shield them from it all.  But I know I cannot shield them from everything.  I want my children to grow up knowing, that we should love everyone, regardless of what they believe, but to also have a strong conviction in our faith.  I want them to know that Jesus Christ is their Savior, Redeemer, Brother and Friend.  I want them to know of the truthfulness of the Gospel and to love and know it.  But also understand that it is alright that people believe differently than we do, and that they need to respect them, just as they want to be respected.  As the world becomes more corrupt,  we will need to stand up for ourselves more and more.  We will need to be stronger.  I only pray that I can teach them to have the courage and strength they will need in this world.  And I pray I can teach them kindness.  My mother always told us to be kind to those who were not kind to us.  It has not always been easy, but it has been rewarding.  I hope I can help my children see this.  

Mark 10 vs 14: Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

How wonderful are our children, how precious and special they are....each of them.  

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. Our world is scary. I truly believe that our strong minded babies were born with these huge strengths and big personalities because of what they may have to deal with later in their lives. It's sad, and makes me scared and nervous. But I know our Heavenly Father will be with them through everything. The good and the bad. I take comfort in that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Jausi. I know that they spirits coming to earth now, are some of the most noble. It is what brings me most comfort of all. Gods plan is perfect, that is something we need to remember.

    ReplyDelete