Monday, May 9, 2011

Angels on Earth


The woman standing is Cindy.  She is my neighbor.  And she is an angel on earth.  We had the pleasure of taking her to the zoo with us last week.  Being in her presence is like being with an angel.  She is pretty much a perfect being.  She is mentally a lot younger than she physically is.  And she is one of the sweetest people I have ever known.  I know that some people out there are afraid or unsure about people that are like Cindy is.  But I for the most part people like Cindy are just like children and they are innocent and as perfect as any human being can be.

The day I asked Cindy to go to the zoo with us, truly brought me real joy.  She literally jumped for joy.  It was such a great sight to see.  And the day we went, she was out waiting in her jacket with her lunch at 8:30 that morning.  We weren't leaving until 11, but she was so very excited!  As were we!  

My mother n law told me of a friend of hers, who was very afraid of people with special needs.  She was at a public swimming pool with her children one day, when a mother and her older special needs daughter were walking towards her.  She was going to have to go by them.  And she prayed right then and there asking father in heaven for help.  She did not want to offend this mother and her daughter.  When she opened her eyes after the prayer she say this mother, holding hands with the most beautiful woman she had ever seen in her life.  And then she heard a whisper in her ear saying, "This is how I see her."  

Our Father in Heaven sees us for who we truly are.  And so I try to keep that in mind.  When we are in the presence of these earthly angels, that is what I tell my children they are.  If I notice them staring, I lean down and say, "Do you see the Angels?"    

So next time you are blessed to be in the presence of one of these Angels, think about how our Heavenly Father sees them.  Because he sees them perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment