Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Respecting Those Around You

 I had a conversation yesterday with a good friend.  We talked about lots of different things, and I really enjoyed talking with her.  We also talked about how people should always respect other peoples beliefs, even if they don't share the same beliefs.

In this world today it seems no one can really respect one another, it is as if you are not supposed to love those around you if they don't think like you do.  But that is SO WRONG!  I have many friends of different beliefs, weather it is their religious belief that is different or political beliefs that are different, we don't all think and feel the same way.  But they respect me in my beliefs, and I respect them in theirs.  And that is how it should be.  But when you watch the media, that is not how it is.  People are more interested in showing their hatred for those who don't feel the same way they do.  And I have a hard time understanding why someone would rather hate?  It is as if you are not supposed to love someone who is not like you.  But I have always been taught love the sinner, not the sin.  Because we are all sinners.  We all make mistakes in this life, so should we just continue to hate?  I know that God loves all of us, regardless of our mistakes.  Of course I believe that he hopes we become stronger and do our best to be  good people, and I think we are responsible for correcting/repenting for our sins.  But he has given us the way to do so through our Savior.  So that way we are not left here completely helpless in this life.  I love all my friends, they all mean a lot to me and I hope to never offend them.  But I know that they know who I am, and they respect me for who I am.  It is so nice to have that.  We may not all share the same beliefs, and we may not live our lives the same way.  But we respect one another for who we are, and  we love one another for who we are.  And that is how it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment