Friday, January 20, 2012

To Continue, or Not Continue.





I have been contemplating on whether or not I should continue this blog. I have wondered is anyone really even reads it. So if you do read it, please make a commment. I received a comment on an older post a few days ago, and it seems to be from someone I do not know, they commented on how a post helped them. And I found comfort in knowing that. So, do they help you? Do they uplift your soul?

And also, I am not asking this because I do not get comments on my posts. I am asking because I have looked up the stats on this blog, and it shows that most times, only 1 or 2 people read it. So I am just wondering if it is serving the purpose I have hoped it would. Lifting the souls of those who read it. If it even lifts one, then it does serve its purpose. I just want to make sure.

8 comments:

  1. I read! I do not always comment but I read. And I always love what you have to say, "yes" it lifts my soul! I'm sorry I'm not good at leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, thanks! I am not really looking for everyone to comment all the time. I have looked at the stats which show how many times my articles get looked at. And it is very few. So I just wanted to get input on whether or not the few who read enjoy and feel uplifted. Because tho it does uplift me, I mostly want to help others be uplifted.

      Delete
  2. It really depends on why you're blogging in the first place. Are you doing it for yourself and the release you feel from blogging? Are you doing it to get comments? Are you doing it to help people whether or not you ever know about it? It's the same in "real" life- you never know who you're touching just by being you. People don't always naturally thank you for helping them, but you probably are. Does that make any sense? Either way, if you're not getting anything out o it, you should find something else to fill what blogging did, or just let it go. I hope this helped and wasn't as ranty as I think it was:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not blogging to receive thank yous, or comments. I have just looked over the stats of my blog, and it seems like not many people read it. I have done giveaways, with very little response. I just hope it is doing what I want it to. Lifting the souls of others. I just want to do some good for people I love and know, and people I do not know at all and for myself. It has been a good thing for me.

      Delete
  3. Yes PLEASE continue!!! You have helped me several times and while I don't get on to read all the time, the times I do read I love what you have to say. Please don't stop. People do read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say continue. Not always are the stats accurate.
    If it helps even one person you are accomplishing your goal and you never
    Know when it's just what someone needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you say touches hearts. I personally look forward each time I see a new one. Your blog speaks from your heart and like what has been said, if it only touches one person that is special. You never will know how many people you affect and someday it will be there for your children to read. The only way I can get this to post is by using anonymous. It is me JV

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read it!!! Don't stop doing it!!! It makes me feel happy!!!

    ReplyDelete