Monday, February 27, 2012

Wonder.....



I was shopping with my sisters a couple weeks ago, when a man tried to hand me a religious flier. I rejected it kindly and walked on. He then yelled to me, "Jesus didn't die on the cross so you could be saved!" I was a little baffled, but walked on. I turned to my sister and said, "Then why would he have sacrificed his life? If it was not to save us, then there would have been no point." And that man yelling behind me has stuck with me since. Not because I believe him, but because I wonder why someone would believe something like that? I wonder what they think he did it for? But in all reality, it does not matter as long I know.

I know that Jesus Christ Atoned for the sins of the world. I know that he bled and died for me, so that I might have eternal life, as long as I strive to live righteously, and try to be like him. He is my Savior. I find comfort in this knowledge. I know he is there, and that I am never truly alone. He loves us, and knows us better than we know ourselves.

I wish only one thing, That you all know that too.

1 comment: