Thursday, March 8, 2012

Little Sister




This week has been an exciting one for my family. My little sister, and my parents youngest child got married. And it was beautiful. As I watched my little sister make covenants with her new husband and the Lord, her life flashed before my eyes. She was a very anticipated baby. One all four of her older siblings were excited for. And when she arrived it was one of the best days ever. She has always been this little girl that I felt a desire to love and protect. And as I still feel this desire, it has shifted a bit. Because now she is a grown and married woman. She is no longer the silly little girl with pig tails. And now my parents are empty nesters.

Watching her get married was..........surreal. Her life as a little girl flew by much to quickly. And I am realizing how fast life goes by, as I watch my own children grow. My mother told me when I had my first child, that you walk in the front door holding them, and watch them walk out the back door. Because it goes by that fast. I try to remember that when my children are driving me crazy. Because someday I will miss the crazy.

So to my little sister who was always everyone's baby.....I love you. And I am so proud of you. And this week....YOU lifted my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment