Friday, October 26, 2012

Serve



Today after I dropped my daughter off to school I decided I was going to go get myself something at McDonalds.  It was pretty busy and taking some time, so I could tell that the woman behind me was very annoyed.  So I decided I wanted to help brighten her day.  When it was finally my turn to pay for my order I instructed the cashier that I also wanted to pay for the person behind me. So, I did.  I love doing things like that, it is always so fun.  I do not know if it brightened her day, from what it looked like she was confused and argued with the cashier for a minute.  But none the less her meal was paid for.  And it is little things like that, that I think help people have a better attitude, not only the one serving, but the one being served.

I wish this was something I could do all the time, but I can't always pay for others food or other things.  But there are so many other ways to give service.  Such as rake your neighbors leaves, offer to watch your friends kids if they are having a rough day.  And the list goes on and on.  So today I ask you to please, find someone to serve.  Even giving someone a hug, smile or a hello can change someones day for the better.

Do unto others, as you would have done unto yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment