Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dear 12 yr old Me

When I entered Jr. High I was excited and nervous.  Little did I know that struggles of growing up were going to take their toll on me.  But obviously I survived.  I look back now and wish I could tell myself a few things.  Although I know part of who I am today, is that tiny little girl, who tried desperately to fit in.  But if I were given the chance, this is what I would tell her.



Dear Me,

  Life is not going to be easy.  But you are going to go through some things that will change you, make you sad, angry, and want to give up.  But you will also experience JOY, excitement and pure love.  But I want to tell you something.  IT IS OK not to be popular!  The popular kids are not the type of people you want to hang out with.  You are ok with just being you!  You are strong, you are smart, you can get through it all.  But you cannot do it alone.  You need your Savior, you need your family.  There is going to come a time where certain choices need to be made.  Please listen to the spirit.  Please listen to your mother.  Please listen to your heart.  Your feelings for certain people will allow satan to tempt you.  RUN!  Stay close to the gospel, read your scriptures, say your prayers.  And please smile.  Smile!  Don't walk through the hallway with your head down. LIFT IT UP!  You are worth knowing.



Love, Me



Today young boys and girls, even us older ones, sometimes feel like we have to dress to impress.  Always trying to look like a million bucks, having the latest styles in clothing, makeup, etc.  You have to be skinny.  Because being anything else is just gross, or that is how the world makes you feel.  I believe in trying to stay healthy, which I do not always find easy...ok I never find it easy.  But why do we have to try so hard!?  Colbie Caillat recently came out with a new song called, "Try".  And I love it!  It is my new theme song.  It has helped me feel better about just being who I am.



I believe we must always strive to become better people, but sometimes we can lose ourselves in the process.  Please remember what is most important in this life.  We are not alone in this journey.  Remember you must have faith.  You must trust in the Lord.  He is there to guide you.  Listen to the still small voice.



To all the youth, Please know how wonderful you are.  Don't let the temptations of this world drag you down.  Look in the mirror and smile.  Because there is no one else in this world like you.  You are special, you are beautiful, you are worth it, you are loved.  You are Sons and Daughters of a Heavenly King.  What a remarkable thing to know!



Since I love this song so much I thought I would share it with you all.  Now go out and find joy, even if your day is bitter.  There is joy in the world.














No comments:

Post a Comment