Monday, October 10, 2011

A Decision


Since my husband has been working for the church, we have had the opportunity to go to a Temple devotional that is held in the Salt Lake Temple for the temple workers there. It has been a neat and touching experience every year. One I look forward to. This year this event has fallen on the same Sunday as my daughter's primary program. I have struggled on deciding what the best thing to do would be. Do I just have her not go while my husband and I attend the devotional? Or do we forgo that this year and watch our daughter give her one line in the program, "We are to feast upon the words of Christ." It is her very first primary program, do I really want to have her miss that? I just have not been sure what is right. Because the devotionals are always wonderful, and I love to go, yet I have been before and my daughters 1st primary program will only happen 1 time. Then this morning I read this quote,

Henry B. Eyring: "A wise parent would never miss a chance to gather children together to learn of the doctrine of Jesus Christ. Such moments are so rare in comparison with the efforts of the enemy. For every hour the power of doctrine is introduced into a child's life, there may be hundreds of hours of messages and images denying or ignoring the saving truths."

Ok, so I know what we are supposed to do. My daughter is more important than the devotional. I know that some may think this may be an easy choice one way or another, but it was something I struggled with.

It is just like her one simple line, "We are to feast upon the words of Christ." And though she is only 3 almost 4, she needs to learn what her line means. And I need to make sure I am an example of this. I think I know where my Savior would be. And that is where I will be. I look forward to attending her primary program this coming Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment