Thursday, March 22, 2012

Love and Hate




I am a member if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know who I am, and I choose to live my religion. It is important to me, and it makes me who I am. That being said, I have many family members and friends who are not of the same faith. And I love them. I respect that they do not believe the same things I do. And I respect how they choose to live their lives. It is not my place to tell them what they can and cannot do. This is something I have been taught from a very young age. To respect and love everyone for who they are. So when I am not given that same respect, it hurts. I have never really been hated for what I believe, until recently. I don't understand why I am disliked so much for what I believe, when I have never done anything disrespectful to them, and I have never pushed my beliefs on them. It has left me stunned, and unsure of how to react. Of course I know I cannot react with anger and hate. But I cannot, and will not stop being who I am to appease anyone. I have many wonderful and close family and friends who are not of my faith...and we love each other and respect one another. That is how it should be. I will continue to love and respect all those around me. You can hate me, but I will not hate you.

So lets all remember who we are. We are wonderful and different. We are all children of God. He loves us all the same. And we should love and respect, because it makes the world a better place.

3 comments:

  1. I have been through similar. I'm so sorry this happened to you Laura! I'm so glad at how you handled it though. The first few times it happened to my children, I was just angry. It took me a while to figure out just what you've said here. But it is still a pet peeve of mine to see anyone of any faith go through this. So sorry..((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so well stated and so true. I hope I can be as strong about these things as you are. And, Suzy you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete