Friday, November 18, 2011

I am a Christian





I have told you all before that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Or as the world would call me, I am a Mormon. Lately our church has been splattered on the news as many things that we are not. Such as a "cult", which we are not. Are we polygamists, NO! We have been painted as intolerant and hateful, which we are not. Of course there are things our church does not allow, but that does not mean we don't love and respect others. But every religion has things that it will not allow, we are not different in that sense. We different in the sense that we do not conform to the changes of the times. What is taught is always the same and will not change. We will hold steadfast to what we believe and know to be true.

One thing that has been said a lot lately, is that Mormon's are not Christians! How could this ever be assumed?! The title of our church holds the Sacred name of Jesus Christ. So why are we being labeled as a Non-Christian faith? I really do not understand it. It cuts me to the very core and saddens me that someone would really believe that we are not Christians. Because we are, and we always have been, and we always will be. Jesus Christ is the center of our faith. He is our Redeemer, our Savior, our Messiah, our Brother, and Friend. He bled from every pore, and he died to save us all. I know he loves me. He has buoyed me up in my darkest hours. He has given me strength in my weaknesses. He has never left me alone and he never will. This I know. So why would am I called a Non-Christian? This I cannot understand. And as I sit here and write. I realize that it does not really matter whether others believe that I am a Christian. What matters is that I KNOW that I AM A CHRISTIAN. And I always will be.

I hope you enjoy this song with pictures of My Savior, Our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment