Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This blog is to help life souls. Today there a soul that has needed some lifting, my own. This song has been in my head all day. I don't like it when I feel down. And it is usually no one else's fault but my own. I just get in a funk and get lost there. I cry and get angry and I snap at the ones I love. My patience is thin and I feel like I want to crawl out of my skin. These kind of days are not fun at all. I want them gone, and buried deep.




I have struggled with my image since I had my first child. I grew up being the kind of girl that could inhale an entire pizza without a thought or care, because there was no consequence. I did not need to watch what I ate or worry about how many calories I ate each day. But now............ well that carefree part of my life is over. Oh how I took for granted the scrumptiousness of my youth!

Not only has my image been a struggle, I struggle with missing a dear friend. You know who you are. I miss this friend like crazy, and seriously long for the day when we can laugh and hug and just talk to each other face to face. I seriously miss you!

There are also times when I know I have failed at being a mother. I hate those moments when I know I have gotten angry when I shouldn't. And when that happens I feel so defeated and troubled. Sometimes I wish I lived near a warm sandy beach so I could just go take a breath, watch the sun go down and unwind. But I can't even go on my back porch without freezing to death! Oh Utah, we have a love hate relationship.

So now the question is, when we feel like this, how do we get ourselves out of it? How do we slap ourselves in the face and say, GET OVER IT! It is a simple answer, but not always an easy action. Give our troubles to the Lord. And we need to remember what matters most. This next video I have on here is one that lifted my soul today. I hope know that you are loved. And remember that there are things that matter more than our weight, how much money we have, how big our house is, if we have nice cars or whether we can afford nice clothes or not. There are things that matter far more than all those things. And if we can give our troubles to the Lord, he will help remind us of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment