Saturday, November 5, 2011

Truth

Hello on this snowy Utah morning. This is to my friends who are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And for those who are, but may be struggling in the faith. I am going to start by giving you my testimony.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know it to be true. I know that Joseph Smith knelt down at the tender age of 14 and with a sincere heart prayed unto Heavenly Father about which church to join, and though as he tried to speak and was bound by the adversary, a pillar of light, that defies all description descended upon him. And there standing before him was Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ. The Father spoke to Joseph saying, "This is my beloved Son, Jesus Christ. Hear him." And I know that Joseph was told to join none of the churches, but that he was to restore the true gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth in this last dispensation. I know this. I know that The Book of Mormon is another true testament of our Savior. I know that the words in this beloved book are true. I know that it is through our Savior that we are saved in this life. That through his atonement that we can become clean and forgiven of our sins. I know this. I know this all to be true. I know that we must all try to be like Jesus. I know that he loves us all and wants us to come unto him. And I know that I must do whatever I can to help those who do not know him, to come to a knowledge of him, to feel his love and the light he offers.

This video I am sharing is one of true greatness. I hope that my friends who do not understand what the Book of Mormon is will watch this. I hope you can feel the peace this book can offer. This man is truly a remarkable man and missionary of Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment