Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Reason

This blog has been apart of my thoughts for a little over a year now.  I am continually searching for things I should write about that will help others around the world.  I honestly have no idea how many people read my posts, but that is not the point as I once thought it was.  Because this has helped me grow so much.  And I am so thankful for it.

I have a calling in the Nursery in my ward.  It was something I was honestly not thrilled about when I was given the calling, since I have only been in the primary and nursery going on 6 years now.  And though I love children and feel like they need to good teachers, I would like to do other things.  Sometimes I feel like I lack the spiritual upliftment I used to get while attending Relief Society and Sunday School, and I long for those moments to learn.  That is why I started this.  Because I needed to find a way to have those moments personally.  And this is something that has helped me.

I know many people who choose not to use Facebook and all the other social networks because it does take up much of the day sometimes.  I'll admit that I have spent way to many hours online when I shouldn't have.  But I do my best to make sure I put it down.  But I also feel that these Social Networks are ways for me to be a missionary.  I did not take the opportunity to serve when I was 21.  And I feel like it was a real missed opportunity.  So this is my way of trying to make up for that as well.

I desire to bring the Light of Jesus Christ to as many as I can.  I know that he is our Redeemer.  I long for others to feel the joy that I feel, and to have the fullness of the Gospel.  In no way do I desire to change what people believe, I just want to add to what they already know.  The Bible is a true Testament of Jesus Christ.  And I know that The Book of Mormon is also another true Testament of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know this because I have read it, I have gotten on my knees and I have asked with true and righteous intent.  And my prayers have been answered.

 I urge you, if you have not yet done these things, to do so.  It will enrich your life, give you greater understanding and a deeper love and appreciation for The Savior.

And I ask you to help me in my mission.  Spread the word.  Live your religion.  Trust in the Lord.  Love thy neighbor.  And know that you are not alone. And if you can find a spare moment, share my blog with others.  Thank you for your love and support.  It means more to me than you may ever know.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this blog means so much to you. I don't always post but I'm reading. And I'm thankful for having you in my life. XOXO

    ReplyDelete