Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Voice of the Spirit

I got down on my knees this morning, and I asked my Father in Heaven to help me know how I can help uplift others today.  As I thought and searched for something that would be good for a post today, I came across this video.  I have seen it a few times, but the words spoken in it, never get old.  President James E. Faust is the speaker.  He is a man I miss hearing from, but though he is no longer with us on this earth, his messages are still loud and clear. 

Some of my favorite quotes from this video are, "The voice you must learn to heed, is the voice of the Spirit.",

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge, where is the knowledge we have lost in information?" ~T.S. Elliott,

"Listen to, and follow the voice of the spirit."

"Walk by faith, in a world governed by sight."

"Hearkening to the voice of the living God will give you,  peace in this world, and eternal life in the life in the world to come.  These are the greatest of all the gifts of God." 

We do live in a world with many distractions.  It is easy to lose sight of what is important.  It is easy to make mistakes with great consequence.  I could walk down any street and find the adversary waiting and wanting to shift the righteous path I choose and desire to be on.  Walking by faith is not the easier choice.  But it is the better choice. 

I have allowed myself to take the road more traveled, and it is not all it is cracked up to be.  It is dark and lonely.  Although you do not always see that when you are on that road.  But when I chose to take the better path, the path of repentance and righteousness, it became apparent to me, that I was not as happy as I thought I had been, I was the one missing out.  People of this world today may feel like those on the path of righteousness are the ones missing out, but I tell you that is not true.  NOTHING is better than the road less traveled.  The road to eternal happiness and everlasting life.  That is the road that will bring you most happiness and joy.  I promise you this.  It is the harder path,  it does not come without burdens and trials.  We all must face those in different degrees.  Some will test our faith, some will shake us to the very core.  But if we trust in the Lord, and walk by Faith.  Our journey will be worth it.

 Which road will you take?  Which path do you long for?  Are you already on the road more traveled?  Are you on the path of personal destruction?  If you are, all is not lost.  Because of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we are given the tools that will lead us back to the path of righteousness.  Don't be afraid of the journey.  Heed the still small voice of the spirit.  Let it become familiar to you.  The voice of the spirit will bring peace to your life.  Allow your ears and heart to hear and feel the still small voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment