Saturday, March 5, 2011

Here I Go!

This blog is for me.  A place where I can write down my thoughts and ideas.  I have the family blog, but I think that should mostly just be for family updates.  I have Meagan's blog, for all the funny things that she says.  So this is for me, just for me.  And so here I go!

This morning as I was getting ready to go to the temple, I tried on a skirt that fit me loosely after I had Madilynn, as I started to zip it up......to my horror, it was to tight!  I felt  like crying and crawling into bed.  I have just been so out of control lately.  I am  not kidding, yesterday I ate probably 4 twinkies, 2 cupcakes and had 4 cans of pop!  GROSS!!!!!!  I need serious help!  I need to have some uplifting motivation.  That is why I call my blog Lifting the Soul.  Because I think when we are in tune with the spirit and allow ourselves to feel lifted up by the spirit, we can turn and use that to help ourselves in many ways.  Such as, reading our scriptures more, having more meaningful prayer, exercising so that our bodies are healthy, eating right and much more.  So as I resorted to a skirt of a larger size, I thought of how I needed to do something to lift my soul.  

Our Savior suffered for us, he bled and died for us.  He did so much for me that I cannot just sit and be lazy anymore.  I need to be a better daughter of God.  I need to be a better mother and a better wife.  I need to be honest with myself and realize that I can do the things that need to be done.  I need to do better.  And I know that that is what my Savior wants of me, to be better.  To try harder and to be more like him.  I am not perfect, and I know I have a lot of things I need to work on.  But I TRUST that if I live the gospel and do the things that I should do, that I can accomplish so much more.  I have not fallen into the dark and dusty path leading away from salvation, but I have not really been on the straight and narrow either.  

So this is my goal, be more spiritual, love my family better and more, become physically and mentally healthy, read my scriptures, pray and ponder on them, have more meaningful  prayer, and the list could go on.  I am really going to do this.  I am going to be better.

2 comments:

  1. Laura-
    WOw...we need to talk! PRetty much what you wrote is my life to a "T" and I had this realization last night!! SO maybe we could help eachother..and do the thing we need to together some of the time!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janica that would be PERFECT! I need someone to do these things with, because it always helps to have someone to help you.

    ReplyDelete