Friday, March 25, 2011

Love

This lifted my soul tonight, so I thought I would share it here.  As I watch my little 3 year old say her prayers every night, I wonder if Jesus is ever there kissing her, and holding her.  I know I love her more than words, so if that is only a glimpse of his love for us, then......how he must miss them.  But I am selfish, and I want them here with me.
I know my Savior lives, I know he loves me and all of us.  How someone could not know that, really is beyond my understanding.  It is just so clear, so obvious to me.  In everything that is around me, in my children's eyes, in their smile and laughter.  Have you ever noticed how fast a child forgives?  I think that is because they are so much like our Savior is so many ways.  They can teach us so much.  
After I had Madilynn I thought I was DONE for a while.  And I am in no rush for another one yet.  But I do know I want more.  I want to experience that moment, when you first look into the eyes of your baby, whether you have given birth to them, or whether some selfless birth mother is giving you their child, and you look in their eyes, and heaven is right there, so close to you, the one moment where the veil is so thin you can touch it for a small moment.  There is nothing sweeter than that.  Nothing.  How lucky I feel to be able to be a mother, to hold a child and sing them to sleep.  Though I feel overwhelmed with the responsibilities at times, I always have the moment where I am reminded what a special gift I have been entrusted with.  How blessed I am to have my girls.  And I know that there are more up there, just waiting for me.  But will they ever know how much I already love them, and how I am also waiting for them?
My Savior, He lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment