Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Sabbath

Today was Fast Sunday.  I did not get up and bare my testimony today, but I felt it.  Yesterday was the beginning of a fast that my family had for a friend.  So Gerritt and I went to the Temple yesterday and we were able to do some sealings.  It was such a wonderful thing to be able to do.  I had not done any other than my own since I was married.  So I was very excited to have the opportunity.
And then today in Church both Sunday School and Relief Society were very fulfilling.  The lesson in Sunday school was about Chastity, and as I feel like I don't have a problem with that, I always think it is a great reminder, and then when we talk about the atonement and the forgiveness our Savior has made possible for us, it is always comforting to remember that we can be forgiven of our sins.
In Relief Society the lesson was on personal revelation.  And it made me think of many times in my life where I have been blessed to have my own personal revelations.  I have had prayers answered, and I have been protected through personal revelation.  So todays lesson was one filled with the spirit.  I love Sundays like that!
The picture I posted above is one of my favorites, it makes me think of how amazing it must have been to have been in the presence of our Savior and here him teach.  I hope that someday I am worthy enough to witness something so remarkable.
As far as fitness goes today, well I did not really do much physical activity, but I did make sure to drink more water.  Which made me feel good.  That is one thing I want, I just want to feel good.  I have felt sick for what seems so long now, I just want to feel better.
So here I am at the end of a wonderful Sunday, and I have to say that I am so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I know that this is the true Gospel of Christ.  I know that Joseph Smith restored this Gospel to the earth through revelations.  I know that he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ when he was just 14 years old.  I know that I can find true happiness through faith and trust and righteousness.  And I know that if I put my mind to it, I can accomplish all my goals.  I just hope I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment