Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Feelings of a Mother



As I watched a mothers face turn to sadness and disappointment for her child, I felt my heart break a little with hers.  If only our children understood the love we have for them.  If only they understood that we would walk through fire, and go to hell to get them if we had to, then maybe they would think first about the things they do and say.  And as I thought that, it made me think about my Savior.  There are those who choose not to know him, and I say choose, because I think it is harder to avoid knowing him.  Our Savior is the light of the world, and denying that, is denying ourselves of so much in this life.  I can truly say that through Jesus Christ, I am happy.  I imagine that our Saviors heart breaks a lot everyday, as he watches us make wrong choices.  But I also think that he feels joy for those who are trying to be like him.  For the laughter he hears from the children of this world.

I remember a time when my mom said that she would take the pain from me if she could, and I remember thinking why would you want to do that?  And then I think of the Savior, and he did do that.  He took every pain, and every sin upon himself so that we would not have to suffer for them.  And now that I am a mother myself, I can say I feel the same way for my own child.  Anytime my kids are sick or sad, I wish I could just suffer for them and take that pain away.  And our Savior did just that.  We will still have to feel sadness and disappointment in this life, but we can be comforted in knowing that we do not have to face that pain alone.  Because he is always there for us if we are willing to go to him.



I have been in dark places, but I have never not believed.  I have always had faith in my Savior.  And as I watch someone who I KNOW had faith in him once, and no longer does, it saddens me.  And I feel sorrow for this person.  As I have also felt anger.  I talked with my husband about the anger I felt because of this, and he responded how the Savior would.  All we can do is just love them.  Even though I want to get in this persons face and yell at them for hurting my feelings, I know now that, that would not be the right thing to do.  And I also know that, that is not what my Savior would want me to do.  My husband also said that, contention is what this person wants, because that is what Satan thrives on.  And unfortunately, Satan is being more influential in this persons life, whether they admit that or not.  And for that I feel such fear and sadness for this person.  Because I care about this person.




So as I watched this persons mother cry for her child, I thought to myself, the Savior must be crying for them too.  I looked at this mother and told her that as long as she is faithful, I know that he will return to her.  Whether in this life or the next.  I pray that this person will someday feel the warmth and joy that our Savior has to offer.  But until then, I will continue to love and care and pray for this person.

And for this mother, I will continue to pray that you feel the comforts you need.

I love my Savior, I know he lives.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. Thank you for that. I am having a difficult time but this really helped me understand the where this contentious behavior is coming from. Thank you again and God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, whoever you are. I hope you find joy. Love always,
      La

      Delete