Monday, April 25, 2011

My Mother


For those who don't know, I have THE BEST MOM in the world!  And no one will ever convince me otherwise.  With Mother's Day coming up, I thought I would blog about what she means to me.  

I have made my fair share of mistakes.  And I know I have done things that have broken my mother's heart.  And I know that were it not for her love and support, I would not be where I am today.  My mother has always been there for me, and for all of her children.  She does not favor on more than the other.  She is funny, beautiful, talented, kind, loving and so much more.  And she is not given enough credit that is for sure.  If I could make her dreams come true, I would.

I will never forget the time where she realized something about me.  Something I was not proud of.  Instead of yelling at me, or making me feel bad, like I have seen other mothers do in this situation, she just hugged me and said that she was sorry, and that everything will be ok.  Can I just tell you what a difference that made!  She knew just how to help me, and was there for me.  I know that she would have suffered all that pain for me if she could.  She handled it how the Savior would, with love and compassion.  She is the greatest mom.

My mother has a voice that can sooth the soul.  She sings with emotion and love for the music.  Her singing is always a sweet memory and experience.  One of my most favorite sounds in the world. 

My mom also has a great imagination, and she can do voices, accents and faces.  When there is a blackout, you want to be where she is, because it is HILARIOUS!  I don't know why she is not famous yet?!

Now that I am  a mother myself, I try to make sure I am loving and kind like she has been to me.  She was and is a great teacher.  And I think that needs to be recognized.  I have seen her feelings hurt before, and I am NOT ok with it.  Every mother makes mistakes, but really, I don't think my mom has made many.  She is pretty amazing if you ask me.  She is SOOOOOO patient, and if that is not obvious, I don't know what is.  I wish I could give her something awesome for Mother's Day, something she really wants or really needs.  But I am not able to give what I know she really wants and needs.  Ugh...mom I wish I could. 

So I think we all need to think about our Mother's, and think about what they mean to us.  My mother loves me, and cares for me the way a mother should.  I could not ask for a better mother.  And I think....wait.....no I KNOW that she has done a good job.  And that deserves recognition. 

So mom, Thank you.  Thank you for being the wonderful Mother that you are.  Thank you for always listening to my never ending rants.  Thank you for understanding that I am not perfect.  Thank you for loving me in all my weaknesses.  Thank you for making me who I am today.  Thank you for making me feel like I am worth something.  Thank you for putting up with my temper tantrums as a child.  Thank you Thank you Thank you.  Thank you for being my mom, and being The Best Mom Ever!

1 comment: