Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wishing

I have thought about writing on here that last few days, but I am being honest when I say, that there is really nothing I have felt like writing about.  I have been down and frankly unhappy.  Mostly because I have been consistently working out and working out harder than I EVER have in my entire life, and I have not seen any results.  It is very discouraging.  I hear people saying things I should do, things I should not do.  Such as, stop drinking pop, DUH!  I know this, but that is sooooo hard for me.  I like pop, I like the way it tastes and feels in my mouth.  When I have had a bad day or if my kids have driven me extra crazy, I want to sit down after they go to bed and have a coke.  It is like my coffee, or wine if you will.  When others get stressed and have a glass of wine, or if they need energy and have a cup of coffee, that is what coke is to me.  I don't drink coffee or wine, so please, let me just have my coke!  I am trying to switch to diet, but it is harder than I thought it would be.

I also have a hard time eating healthier.  I am nursing, so I am hungry A LOT!  And so it is hard for me to think about cutting out junk food completely.  I mean I have made changes, seriously I have, I don't eat NEAR as much as I used to, I am eating healthier than I was, not as healthy as I could, but I am doing better.  I am drinking more water to.  So I have made changes.  So why have I not seen any results?  It is utterly depressing to me, and it makes me want to cry.  When I was getting ready for church on Sunday I put on my "fat" skirt and it was tight!  TIGHT!  It was loose on me after I had Madilynn!  UGH!  What on earth am I doing wrong!  Anyway, I am just discouraged.  And so I needed to vent about it.  So here I am, venting to my computer, wishing it would encourage me to keep going, and tell me that I am going to lose 10 pounds soon.  Wishing.........wishing..........wishing........

3 comments:

  1. The first thing to know is that trying is the first step to success. Secondly, in every workout class or group I have been in they told us right off, don't expect to see results immediately. It may take a month. Muscle builds under fat before it starts burning the fat. Don't give up! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most discouraging things for me, is that it has been a month. So I just feel totally unsuccessful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey...go get your thyroid checked....

    ReplyDelete