Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jesus is Risen



As I think of my Savior today, a story comes to mind.  And it goes something like this:

3 men die and go to heaven.  They are greeted by the "gate keeper" and brought into an interview room one at  time.  The first man enters and the gate keeper asks, "what do you know of Jesus Christ?"  He thinks for a minute and says, "not much, I know he was a prophet."  The gate keeper nods then ushers him into heaven.  The gate keeper invites the second man in and asks, "What do you know of Christ?", "He is the Son of God, he died on the cross.  He suffered for my sins." answered the man.   He was a religious man.  The gate keeper then ushered him into heaven.  Then as the gate keeper invited the 3rd man in, before he could ask him anything the man fell to his knees saying, "My lord!  My Savior! My redeemer!"  The gate keeper embraced the man, for he was Jesus Christ.

I hear this story and I can only pray that I will recognize my Savior.  I want to know him, not just know OF him. He bled and died for me.  And now he is risen.  I know he lives, and I know he loves me.  And I love him.  He is the Savior of the World.  My Redeemer, my Brother, my Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment